– фундаментальный экспериментально-теоретический и научно-клинический подход,
– использованиеестественного ресурса человека для полноценной реабилитации - закона «растяжения напряжения» Илизарова,
– бережное отношение к тканям опорно-двигательной системы,
– «управляемость» процессом лечения
|Education and training|
On the basis of its clinical departments and the training faculty the Ilizarov Centre holds trainings on the Ilizarov method of transosseous osteosynthesis (TO) for doctors and nurses. Translation in English/French/Japanese/Italian/German is provided during the training.
Teaching staff is built of practicing doctors, traumatologists and orthopedists, anaesthesiologists, resuscitators, rehabilitologists, engineers, etc.
There are five basic training programs:
1. “Mini-fellowship” program. The program is intended as an introduction training course of TO for doctors. Duration of training is 4 weeks (144 hours). Doctors are supposed to
• study the method in practical activities (assisting on surgeries, ward rounds in clinical services);
• listen to a course of lectures about Ilizarov frame design, philosophy of the TO method, techniques of the Ilizarov frame application in treatment of patients with various injuries and diseases of the loco-motor system;
• master osteosynthesis procedures in hands-on workshops on fake bones.
A program of the course in English can be sent on request. By the end of the course a certificate is obtained. Approximate dates of courses in 2013 are:
March 25 to April 19, 2013 Ilizarov Mini-fellowship Session 1
September 2-28, 2013 Ilizarov Mini-fellowship Session 2
October 7- November 2, 2013 Ilizarov Mini-fellowship Session 3
November 4 - 30, 2013 Ilizarov Mini-fellowship Session 4
2. “Master Course” program. The program is intended as mastering of doctors already practicing the Ilizarov method. Duration of training is 10 days (60 hours). The program includes pre- and post-operative case discussions, assisting in surgeries, ward rounds in clinical services, hands-on skill practicing workshops in osteosynthesis with the Ilizarov frame on fake bones, lectures on the method theory. Case studies of management of patients with different fractures and diseases of bones and joints are presented. Cadaver surgeries are possible. By the end of the course a certificate is obtained.
3. Individual programs on participant’s request. A letter of application is required to make an individual program of training.
4. Postgraduate study (up to 3 years), residency (up to 2 years) and workplace training (up to 1 year).
5. Training courses for nurses on organizing the functioning of operation services, clinical services for Ilizarov method application (patient care, Ilizarov frame management, work in the operation room applying the method of TO).
The training is conducted by highly qualified Faculty members.
To provide a course program that suits your interests, advise us your professional status, experience in Ilizarov technique, occupation and subjects of particular importance for your sphere of activity.
Accommodation for participants is organized in hotels of the city, according to booking. Meals can be served in the Centre’s cafeteria or in city restaurants. In leisure time you may visit museums, theatres, city attractions (architecture of 18-19 centuries, woods, lakes, the Tobol river).
Head of the International Department Valentina Kamysheva
The 4-week training program costs USD 3500.
The 10-day Master Course costs USD 2500.
Short-term training costs USD 350 /day.
Discount for training is possible depending on the number of course participants.
You can choose to stay at the Centre’s hotel -- only a couple of minutes’ walk from the hospital – with the rate of RUB 570-2000 /night or at hotels in the downtown (USD 60-100 /night). Food may cost about USD 10-30 /day.
To apply for the Russian entry an official invitation is required. Provide the Center with the following data to issue this official invitation:
- Scanned passport copy
- Place of birth (city, country)
- Permanent home address and phone number
- Place of work or study, address and position with the institution
- Dates of arrival and departure
- City where a visa will be obtained
Please apply for your official invitation well in advance, because the invitation processing time is about 30 days.